Karen Pajarillaga

Makeup artist

10/28/2015

What should you be for Halloween?

HALLOWEEN IDEAS FOR YOU!


With Halloween fast approaching, here are some looks from me that could inspire your costume for this weekend.



Vampire


For this simple vampire look, you will need a lighter foundation (to make you look dead), eye makeup of choice (I say go for a cooler toned eyeshadows, add lashes for extra glam), Red or Dark lipstick (here I used Illamasqua lipstick in Growl) and some white paint to paint on some fangs on your lips. You can contour and shape your face with cooler grey tones and hollow out the cheeks and add some veins around your eyes for added effect. Add blood for gore (I used Bennye Stage blood)








Sugar skull (Muerta by Kurtis Rykovich)


This is a recreation of an art work by an artist called Kurtis Rykovich (IG: @KurtisRykovich). This lace pattern is easily achieved by using liquid liner and drawing criss crosses and swirls to make it look like a lace mask. Add purple eyeshadow, I used Sleek MakeUP Vintage Romance palette and a Red lip, I used Sleek MakeUP Matte Me lip cream in Rioja Red and you're done.








Bloody Mary (by Jordan Hanz)



This is another recreation, this time it is from Jordan Hanz (IG/Youtube: @JordanHanz). You will need cool eyeshadows, I used Sleek MakeUP Ultra Mattes V2 Darks palette for the eye look and for shaping the face. I used Snazaroo face paints in red to draw the tears, white to highlight them and dark eyeshadows to shade and fro the shadows. I used Maybelline gel liner for the lips. I used a toothbrush with red and black face paint for the splashes around the mouth.







Alien desert nomad/Fortune teller



This requires a little bit more skill. I freehanded the eye myself using eyeshadows from Sleek MakeUP Ultra Mattes V2 Darks palette. I used stick glue method (Pritt stick) to block out my brows and using the same eyeshadow palette, shaded the face to make it look dirty.







Ripped cheeks


For this look, I wore my normal beauty makeup. Eyelashes are Eylure Vegas Nay Grand Glamour lashes. Lips are Sleek MakeUP Matte Me lip cream in Fandango Purple. For the ripped cheek, I used Snazaroo face paints in white, red and black.









Tribal


I painted the bone necklace for this using Snazaroo face paint in white, then shaded with eyeshadows from the Sleek MakeUP Ultra Mattes V1 and V2 palette. Using browns, yellows and black to make it look 3 dimentional. The face is done with cream products as base, I used the imagic eBay flash palette dupe <Review here>, red and yellow to make orange and the black. I intensified the colours and set them with Illamasqua eyeshadow in Apex (Orange) and Obsidian (black)




Zombie


This is actually a pretty simple. You will need liquid latex (used Mehron liquid latex) or eyelash glue will work, Some facepaints to make you appear pale and to blend the latex in with your skin, I used Snazaroo face paints in white and black to make grey. Some cool toned eyeshadows to hollow out the eyes and to dirty up the face. I used Sleek MakeUP Ultra Mattes V2 darks palette. And some blood to finish it up. I used Mehron Coagulated Blood gel.

Lay down a layer of latex and build it up, waiting for them to dry in between layers. This will create texture on your face because you have no time to moisturise when you're a zombie. Pick some random holes in it to make it look like your skin is coming off. Add dark eyeshadow in the holes. Have fun, this is not a pretty look.
.
Here are some more ideas that I did last year: 



Hope that has helped you in any way. Inspired you for a last minute Halloween costume ideas.
Thank you for reading!

Love,
Karen x

No comments:

Post a Comment